top of page
Our Firm


Our mission is to provide you with knowledgeable, straightforward legal advice and representation you can trust.  The attorneys at Moran & Moran, P.C. have over 70 years of combined experience in the courtroom and in representing individuals, families and businesses in Pittsburgh and throughout Western Pennsylvania.

Heading 1

Contact Us



800-373-0355 Toll Free


3000 Stonewood Drive

Suite 315

Wexford, PA 15090


News & Publications

What's the difference between "Full Tort" and "Limited Tort" coverage on my motor vehicle insurance policy?

This question often arises after someone has been injured in a motor vehicle accident in Pennsylvania.  A "tort" is defined by Black's Law Dictionary as "a civil wrong for which a remedy may be obtained, usually in the form of damages." 


In Pennsylvania, damages in a motor vehicle accident most often include monetary compensation for the injured party's economic damages, such as lost wages and medical expenses, and monetary compensation for non-economic damages, such as physical injuries, disfigurement, pain and suffering.  When you purchase motor vehicle insurance with the "Limited Tort" election, you have effectively limited your right to recover money for non-economic damages unless you are seriously injured.

At Moran & Moran, P.C., we counsel our clients to always consider purchasing "Full Tort" coverage as well as sufficient Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage (UM/UIM) to protect their right to seek full compensation for all non-economic damages and to insure their family against negligent drivers who drive without liability insurance or have insufficient liability insurance coverage.


If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident and have questions about your rights, please contact us at 724-933-0355 for a free consultation.


bottom of page